- The Hijacked Caravan is the first and only Islamic legal ruling which unequivocally condemns suicide bombing in all circumstances.(via global-geopolitics)
- Suicide terrorism has no precedent in fourteen centuries of Sunni Islamic tradition
- Islamist terrorist groups like al-Qa’eda have adopted the use of suicide bombings from the Hindu-Marxist terrorist groups like the Tamil Tigers and kamikaze pilots from Japan
- Islamist terrorists killing Muslims are considered to be in the tradition of the khawarij, an ancient Islamic heretical sect which also assassinated Prophet Muhammad’s cousin, Imam Ali
- Suicide bombings invoked under the rubric of Islamist terrorism, outside Israel and the Palestinian Territories, grew three-fold within the space of three years after 9/11, killing twice as many people as had been killed over two decades.
- Within the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, a case often given global exception by some scholars for using this tactic, suicide bombings doubled as did the number of people killed in the three years after 9/11 compared to the previous seven years of suicide terrorism. Worldwide, in merely three years after 9/11, the number of suicide bombings had increased three-fold than it had over two decades, whilst the number of people killed had doubled.
- Worldwide, for every person who undertook a suicide bombing prior to 9/11, 18 people were likely to be killed. After 9/11, this figure fell to killing of 14 people on average, which was only as a result of the disproportionate rise in the “export” of this practice to groups worldwide.
- Suicide bombing in the name of Islam has occurred in more than 20 countries: Lebanon , Kuwait , Argentina , Panama, Israel and Occupied Palestinian Territories , Pakistan, Croatia , Saudi Arabia , Tanzania, Kenya , Yemen, Chechnya , USA, Kashmir, Afghanistan , Tunisia, Indonesia, Algeria , Morocco, Russia, India, Iraq, Turkey , Uzbekistan and Spain  - and possibly United Kingdom .
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Suicide Bombers - III
A new monograph entitled The Hijacked Caravan - Refuting Suicide Bombings as Martyrdom Operations in Contemporary Jihad Strategy is available for download (pdf format) at the Ihsanic Intelligence website. The introduction to the monograph states that
Posted by David McDuff at 10:21 am